Huntington Ingalls Employees
As an official vendor for HII, we are pleased to offer free admission for HII employees and their guests.
All Huntington Ingalls Industries employees and their entire party will receive free admission to a Daily Guided Tour during the hours we are open to the public.
Please present HII Identification, business card, or pay stub at front desk. May be used on unlimited number of folks in your party as long as paid together on one ticket. Walk-ins are accepted, but users may also book online using the form below. Just mention your HII empolyee status.
Group tours include a 45-minute guided tour of Virginia’s oldest church building. The tour covers 481 years of history from the act of supremacy in 1534 in England to the present day. The tour explores the rise of Anglicanism, the pursuit of religious freedom in the colonies, and our journey as a nation to discover our own identity. The tour ends with a discussion of the current restoration projects in place to preserve and protect this historic shrine for another 481 years.
Guests will learn about an array of topics, such as:
- Origins of the Anglican Church under Henry VIII
- Introduction of Anglicanism and Protestantism to the New World
Newport Parish, and Old Brick Church history
- 19th century Protestant Episcopal Church of America
- The 1890s restoration and the 1950s restoration of the church building
- How the experience during the Colonial Period led forefathers to incorporate Freedom of Religion and Separation of Church and State in the U.S. Constitution
- Why and how freedom of religion remains a vibrant part of American identity and discourse in the modern era
BOOK YOUR TOUR
Please use the form below to book your group tour. Let us know the number of people in your group, desired tour date, a designated time for your tour (tours are only available on the hour) and detailed contact information. A museum employee will contact you to confirm your details and provide a Booking Confirmation.
Groups of 10 or more people must schedule in advance in order to receive the group tour discount of $5 per person.